Tuesday 14 September 2021

Similes describing excellence in Srimat Bhagavad-Gita & Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna

In the tenth chapter of Gita, translated by Swami Swarupananda,  Lord Krishna gives glimpses of divine glory. The following is a condensation of verses 19-40.

"I am the Self, existing in the heart of all things."

"Of the Adityas, I am Vishnu. Of luminaries, the radiant Sun."

"I am the Sama -Veda of the Vedas & Indra of the gods; & intelligence in living beings am I."

"Of the Rudras, I am Shankara, of the Yakshas & Rakshasas, Kubera (the Lord of Wealth.)"

"Of bodies of water, I am the ocean. Know me among men as the King."

"Whatever being there is great, prosperous or powerful, that you know as a part of My splendour."

In "The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna"   translated by Swami Nikhilananda, on 15.07.1885, Sri Ramakrishna talks about Narendra (later to be known as Swami Vivekananda.)

"Some devotees are like lotuses with ten petals, some are like lotuses with a hundred petals. But Narendra is thousand petalled one."

"Some devotees may be like pots or pitchers; but Narendra is a huge water barrel."

"Others may be like pools or tanks; but Narendra is a huge reservoir."

"Among fish, others are like minnows or sardines; Narendra is a huge red-eyed carp.

"Narendra is a 'very big receptacle' that can hold many things."

No comments:

Post a Comment