Thursday 19 May 2022

Universal Sisterhood of Spirituality


Hell with You is Liberation

Liberation without You is Hell

Pleasure without You is Grief

Grief with You is Ultimate Pleasure


Akka Mahadevi to Lord Shiva.


If I worship You from fear of hell,

Burn me in hell.

If I worship You from hope of heaven,

Exclude me from heaven.

If I worship You for Your Love,

Show me Your Eternal Beauty.


Rabia of Basra to Allah.


Punitavati aka Karaikkal  Ammaiyar, was a beautiful woman, who prayed to Lord Shiva to make her hideous so that she might not attract the men who saw her & her prayer was granted.

Julian of Norwich, in one of her "shewings" prayed to be allowed to experience the pains of Jesus Christ on the Cross & her prayer was granted.

Kodai aka Andal adorned herself with the garlands meant for Lord Krishna. When her father reproved her, the Lord admonished him in a dream & wanted to be worshipped with the garland worn by her.

St.Teresa of Avila famously said "More tears are shed over answered prayers than over unanswered ones." meaning one should never ask God for worldly boons, because God knows exactly what we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment