(The references are to the Act, Scene & Line number.)
ALL IS WELL THAT ENDS WELL
Our remedies oft in ourselves do lie
Which we ascribe to heaven.(I,i,235)
A young man married
Is a man that is marred. (II,iii,315)
AS YOU LIKE IT.
O, how full of briers is this working day world! (I,iii,12).
Sweet are the uses of adversity. (II,I,12).
All the world is a stage. (II,vii,139)
Most friendship is feigning,
Most loving mere folly. (II,vii,181)
HAMLET
There are more things in heaven & earth, Horatio
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. (I,v,166).
I say, we will have no more marriages. (III,I,156)
Give me that man, that is not passion's slave,
And I will wear him in my heart's core. (III,ii,76)
Ophelia: 'Tis brief, my lord.
Hamlet: As woman's love. (III,ii,165)
There's a divinity that shapes our ends
Rough-hew them, how we will. (V,ii,10).
HENRY VIII
Cardinal Wolsey:
Had I but served my God with half the zeal
I served my king, He would not in mine age,
Have left me naked to mine enemies.
(III,ii,456)
KING LEAR
How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is
To have a thankless child! (I,iv,312)
MACBETH
Life is a tale told by an idiot,
Full of sound & fury,
Signifying nothing. (V,v,17).
MEASURE FOR MEASURE
But man, proud man,
Drest in a little brief authority,
Plays such fantastic tricks before high heavens
As make the angels weep. (II,ii,117)
THE MERCHANT OF VENICE
The quality of mercy is not strained,
It is an attribute of God himself. (IV, i,184)
How far that little candle throws his beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world. (V,i,90)
MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING
Friendship is constant in all other things,
Save in the office & affairs of love.
(II,i,184)
OTHELLO
Fathers, from hence trust not your daughter's minds
By what you see them act. (I,i,171)
THE TAMING OF THE SHREW
A woman moved, is like a fountain troubled,
Muddy, ill-seeming, thick, bereft of beauty. (V,ii,143)
No comments:
Post a Comment